I promised more pictures so here they come. These are some of the scenics that I captured along the highways, byways, and trails of the Big Bend Country.
1. A pair of windmills on a ranch between Marfa and Presidio, Texas. They were photographed in the early morning sun. Canon 7D with Canon 24-105mm zoom lens.
2. Wild Rose Pass east of Fort Davis, Texas in the Davis Mountains. Canon 7D with Canon 24-105mm zoom lens.
3. View of the Rio Grande River from the “Big Hill” on highway 170 between Presidio and Lajitas, Texas. One of the most scenic drives in the United States. Canon 7D with Canon 24-105mm zoom lens.
4. Red-tailed Hawk. Canon 7D with Canon 100-400mm zoom lens. Hand-held.
5. Un-named mountain in Big Bend National Park. There are several of these scattered around. Canon 7D with Canon 24-105mm zoom lens.
6. Mule Ears Peak. Aptly named landmark in Big Bend National Park. Canon 7D with Canon 24-105mm lens.
All in all, I would say that we had a great trip. We didn’t capture as many birds as we had hoped. I guess we were a little early for the migration. But we’ll be back. Click on any image for an enlargement.